Thursday, January 1, 2009

Top 10 Things I'm Looking Forward To In 2009 This Year

10. Eventually buying a new computer. I miss killing shit on Azeroth. World of Warcraft, one day we will be together again. One day...

9. Obama. I don't think Obama will magically make all our problems disappear. I don't know that he'll make any of our problems disappear, period. But I'm just looking forward to NOT knowing what's going to happen. With Bush/Cheney, it's been relatively predictable. The correct answer to "What are they going to do about _____?" has pretty consistently been, "They're going to bend us over and fuck us in the ass with a rusty tire iron. On fire." I do not believe in Obama's infallibility or sainthood. I believe he will, simply by the fact that he's a politician, at least occasionally go for the same option. I just think sometimes he might take us out to dinner first. Maybe use some lube. Grunt the right name. That kind of thing.

8. Seeing how many of my predictions from yesterday's post actually turn out to be accurate.

7. Correcting other people who keep mistakenly referring to the current year as "2008." It's the kind of slip-up everyone experiences usually at least once or twice in the first month, but I tend to be pretty good at avoiding it.

6. WE GET AN EXTRA SECOND! WOO HOO! I'm gonna use mine to finish this sent

5. Applying to be one of the guys who gets to go on that trip to Jupiter the following year. Hal won't fuck with me. I'm big.

4. Another year of Public Radio. Yay! Imagine it, a whole YEAR of Garrison Keillor. It's like Heaven. If Heaven talked really slowly and read incredibly inappropriate poems in a voice too academic for their dirtiness.

3. One more year when I MIGHT just go to the comic con/nerd prom in San Diego. Probably not. But maybe.

2. Do you have any idea how many bottles of Diet Pepsi PepsiCo can pump out in a year?

1. Moving in with my girlfriend. Barring any evictions, it won't happen until June, and I can hardly wait. If I could figure out a way to sneak out of my lease before then without any negative consequences, I'd do it. Faking my own death is an option, but I only like to do that once per year, so I should save it.

No comments: