Monday, December 8, 2008

Top 10 Things I Learned Yesterday While Rearranging My Apartment

10. Playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the background while I work on something is surprisingly helpful, and I can get through almost an entire season in one day.

9. It is possible to live without a "Fuck It" Closet (i.e., a closet specifically for those times when you really want to put something somewhere that keeps everything organized, you can't find a place, so you say "Fuck It" and throw it in, trying to simultaneously stop the various sleeping bags, Christmas presents, pillows, seasonal clothing, and broken medical equipment you've already stuffed in there from falling out as you open the door).

8. If there are productive things you want to do with your computer, and you tend to find it difficult to motivate yourself to do them, one possible solution is to move your computer so that it is NOT in the same room as your bed.

7. There's always shit I forgot to put somewhere. And once I put it somewhere, there will be more shit.

6. The talking Hulk Hands I bought in 2003 still work.

5. Lots of things, regardless of The Force, don't move until you get up and move them.

4. In spite of the fact that I've only lived in my current apartment for 8 months, I have moved my TV, DVD player, and stereo from my living room to my bedroom and back to my living room at least 4 times at this point.

3. I own more unused and unusable power cords than a Radio Shack on fire.

2. Even though the cord from my cable modem to my computer is long enough, using a computer in a different room than that of the aforementioned modem feels dirty. It works, but it just feels wrong. Like smoking a cigarette in an outdoor mall.

1. If I actually do what I planned to do on a particular day, then the thing I planned to have done on that day gets done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with #9. I have many "fuck it" closets and drawers. I don't see how it's possible to live without them. I guess it could be possible, but I don't feel like proving my theory.