Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Top 10 Things I Just Fucking LOVE About My Temporary Return To The Night Shift

10. There are so many cool videos on youtube about Wrath of the Lich King, so I get constant reminders of what I'm missing.

9. Last time I worked this shift, I had access to a car and so foolishly discarded the idea of walking home alone at 5 in the morning through a high crime area.

8. Getting to watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report again.

7. Once it's over, at the beginning of next week, I will experience that wonderful Christmas-morning-like anticipation about finding out whether my return to the province of the sun will cause me to burst into flames, or if some nosy reporter has figured out I'm Batman.

6. Playing cards with the mice. Ratty's a cheating motherfucker, but Squeaky will put out for any kind of cheese at all. She's a muenster slut.

5. I love seeing and talking to no one. It really strengthens my personal connections to the my workplace and the world overall.

4. Glen Danzig.

3. Thinking about the early morning employees walking in and wondering who could have possibly left the mouth-watering aroma of freshly-nuked microwave popcorn in the air.

2. Overtime.

1. C-SPAN.

No comments: