Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Top 10 Songs I Am Embarrassed To Admit Are On My Ipod

10. "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm

(Only embarrassing because it's the one and only bit of postmortem Michael Jackson nostalgia I've indulged in.)

9. "Save Me" by Remy Zero

8. "The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance

7. "Superman" by Five For Fighting

6. "Summerland" by Everclear

5. "We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner

4. The Glee version of "Don't Stop Believin'"

3. "Drops of Jupiter" by Train

2. "I'm Like A Bird" by Nelly Furtado

1. "Bitches Ain't Shit" by Ben Folds

("Bitches Ain't Shit" isn't actually on my ipod right now and I wouldn't be embarrassed if it was - it's funny as hell, the Ben Folds version at least - but I decided a long time ago that this song had to be #1 for any Top 10 list involving individual songs, so if you don't like that, I'm sorry. But I'm like a bird. I don't know where my soul is. I don't know where my home is.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest the soundtrack to Wicked? It's guilty for me since the musical violates the book it's based on in very dark ways, ripping its heart out and stamping it into a broadway shaped piece of fluff. But does that stop me from sobbing uncontrollably on hearing "I'm Not That Girl"? ... HELL no.

Cheyenne

Mick Martin said...

The only way is if someone else plays it for me. Other than that Glee cover, the only musical soundtrack I've actually bought was the Buffy musical. No way I can do blind musical buying. It would be like betraying everything I am. It would be like buying a Twilight book.