Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Top 10 Things I'm Pretty Sure Went Wrong With My Haircut Yesterday

10. I am fairly certain that my scalp was detached and replaced with the scalp of a much smaller man.

9. The hairdresser was so short that I had to slide down until my ass was hanging off the lip of the chair in order for her to reach the top of my head.

8. Those of you who see me on a regular basis may not know this, but I don't tend to have long hair because I like long hair. I tend to have long hair because I don't like getting my hair cut. I don't like getting my hair cut because the hairdresser or stylist or barber or whatever the fuck she wants to call herself (that isn't sexist, I only allow women to cut my hair...and THAT may in fact be sexist now that I think about it, but stating that it's a fact that the annoying person cutting my hair WILL be a woman isn't sexist) will feel it necessary to engage in banal, bullshit conversation. And I really hate chit chat. And know what makes it worse? When the hairdresser in question doesn't even bother trying to fake enough interest in the answers to her own bullshit questions to open her mouth when she speaks. Hey if you don't really want to know mmurr mooo my mive, then you don't have to fucking ASK mmurr mooo my mive. Stupid.

7. With short hair, I look like mafia muscle. I just do.

6. I gave her a tip. I hate having manners.

5. No reset button. WTF?

4. I forgot to get a shampoo for the free scalp massage. Okay, now I remember why I only let chicks cut my hair.

3. She didn't even try to get the cut hairs off my face. No brush, no nothing. I left the shop and went into Target looking like I ate out a werewolf.

2. No more Supercuts. I'm getting a regular hairdresser. I don't care how girly it feels doing that. Or how ape-ish it feels to admit it feels girly to get a regular hairdresser.

1. I don't know where all these gray hairs came from, but I'm willing to bet the lazy-mouthed dwarf who cut my hair with phone books strapped to her feet has something to do with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful with hairdressers... The nice fellows who cut my hair often forget what i ask for, don't cut enough, CONSTANTLY chatter like queens and i have to listen to constant dance hits over the sound system. And its 135 dollars since i get color and shampoo and eyebrow waxing too... ughhhh

Oh and hey, I gots a new blog, but it aint half as interesting <3

Anonymous said...

... dammit

I meant to add, this is Cheyenne and the blog addy is
http://dhykamsplosion.blogspot.com/

so. yes.

Tom said...

I'd think that looking like mafia muscle would be something that went RIGHT with the haircut. You should get a barbwire tattoo as well. Then go rough up some chumps.

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard that I think I split something inside. I have long hair and bangs in my eyes because I don't want those stupid shits to fuck up my hair either. Supercuts sucks!

BTW I like your haircut even if it does make you look like mafia muscle.