Sunday, September 7, 2008

Top 10 Best Things About Last Night's Date

10. We saw Hamlet 2. It was funny. I LOL'd. Like for srs.

9. We had to wait something like 20 minutes to get a seat the restaurant. It was raining, and people kept interrupting us because we were sitting on the same bench beneath which the restaurant patrons had stored their umbrellas. Regardless, I hardly minded, and in fact was temporarily surprised when we were finally seated.

8. We are both convinced we know each other from somewhere else. We kept trying to guess, and at one point the waiter asked me if I had figured it out yet. Apparently my voice carries when I'm, well, awake.

7. Glen Danzig.

6. She bought me a Hulk action figure for my birthday. It was waiting for me in the car when she picked me up, in a gift bag with a picture of a sock monkey that reads "Born to be WILD!" Some women just know the way to your heart. Hulk and monkeys? Double threat. Can't go wrong.

5. I totally snagged five bucks out of her wallet and she didn't even notice. It was awesome.

4. She has big, brown sexy eyes.

3. She has the sexiest voice in the universe. She could read the phone book to me and I would be in Heaven.

2. We totally made out. Like totally.

1. Afterwards, I just felt good. Just good. She dropped me off at about a quarter to midnight, I milled around my apartment, wrote a message to an old friend from Florida who found me on facebook, dug up old poems and essays I'd written when I was in Florida, and just generally felt good. It's nice. After living for so long without a social life, mainly because of working for four years with Batman's schedule, I am re-learning that when you reach out to the world, it tends to reach back. I feel good. I'm gonna go for a walk now.

2 comments:

Witchgirl said...

Wow! She sounds wonderful, gorgeous, intelligent, kind, industrious, ambidextrous, environmentally-friendly, hypoallergenic - it goes on and on. It sounds like the Hulk has found his Wonder Woman.

Anonymous said...

Awww.... I'm so happy for you. Does she own any jean skirts?