Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Top 10 Initial Reactions To An E-mail I Received Inviting Me To Apply To Teach English In Asia

10. It might be a sketchy offer. A lot of the job-application invitations I've received so far via e-mail have been obvious scams. But so far this one seems on the level.

9. The positions available are in China, Taiwan, and South Korea. Guess what two kinds of foods Mick hates to eat? Poultry and seafood.

9. Well, shit, I'd lose weight.

8. Long flight over big ocean. Bad.

7. Most people who do this are fresh out of college in their early twenties. So I'd be the old guy giving the hot Australian girls the creeps.

6. Lost already has a funny fat guy. If there was a plane crash, I might have to fight that other guy to the death.

5. Dammit! Why not Japan? They've got manga! And I actually know someone there!

4. A lot of them offer free housing plus a not-so-bad salary, but I wonder how far the dollar goes over there these days.

3. If I go to China, I will be probably get caned. I don't know what I'd do. It would probably be unintentional. But I would get caned. I know it. I just know it.

2. If a certain family member's condition worsened, it would be pretty much impossible to get back in time.

1. Possible contact with ninjas. Pro or con?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... with the way you used to call me commi-pinko- bastard I think the Chinese might already have a spot in jail all ready for you.

Mick Martin said...

Pfft. Whatever, COMRADE.

;P