Saturday, June 7, 2008

Top 10 Futuristic Advances I Want To See

10. Super freezers - the cold equivalent of the microwave. In every household, you've got a thing you can stick stuff in to instantly freeze it. Of course, the huge ice-cube producing corporations will never let it happen.

9. Holodecks.

8. Time Machines.

7. Computers I can have conversations with.

6. Cybernetic limbs. I don't want to lose a limb to get a robot arm, but if I do lose a limb, it will be a nice bit of compensation. Losing an arm in a car accident would be horrible, but if my new arm is super-strong and I can shoot missiles out of it, it'll help with the grieving process.

5. Toilets that wipe me.

4. Laser guns. Now come on, how fucking long do we have to wait for this? it doesn't have to be actual lasers. I don't care if they're lasers, phasers, protons, neutrons, whatever. As long as it's hand-held and shoots glowy shit that blows stuff up, we're good.

3. Electro shooters. I have always wanted to shoot lightning. I've always loved heroes and villains that can do it. Zeus, Electro, Raiden from Mortal Kombat, the lightning dude from Big Trouble in Little China, the fat dude who shot electric bolts in The Running Man, all of 'em. I need it. Gimme my lightning!

2. Space elevator. Dude, they actually want to do this! I'm totally gonna be at the bottom, shaking the fucker.

1. Pleasure bots. You know you want it too.

No comments: